Sunday, April 10, 2011

Linden Ruth: Child God

Today was yet another big day for me, I got baptised. It was a pretty big day, all of my grandparents (and great grandparents), aunts, my cousin, a bunch of my mom and dad's aunts and some family friends were able to make it, we had a LOT of people over. We were pretty excited about the great weather that we had this morning, it was sunny and beautiful. Even though the storms last night were pretty loud they brought a lot of rain and the grass was nice and green! Mom took some pictures of me in my pretty baptism dress before everybody came over. My baptism dress has a pretty neat history. My Great Grandma Ruth (Grandma Nancy's mom) bought the dress for Grandma Nancy when she was first pregnant. The first person to wear the dress was my Aunt Wendy, then Aunt Heidi, then my mom, then my Cousin Tyler, and finally me! Here are a couple of the photo favorites...

Church was pretty good today. Everybody said I did a really great job, I didn't cry the entire time, I even took a nap after baptism was over. Mom's camera didn't get any photos during baptism, hopefully we get some soon from all of our family and friends. Here is one from after church.

Afterwards everybody came over to our house for lunch, we had TONS of food! Mom had this special cake made for me, evidently the cake lady thought I was pretty special, she called me a Child God! (It was supposed to say Child of God, Oops...)

We had a great day, full of family, food and fun. I am not sure how I am going to be able to relax and go to sleep tonight.


Wish me Luck!

Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment