Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bonspiel!

Turns out Mom was right, Bonspiels are pretty exciting!

I got to hang out at the curling club both Friday and Saturday for a couple hours, I slept most of the time I was there but it was still a pretty good time. Mom said the food was pretty good each night, daddy enjoyed the beer, and of course, the excitement of curling!

Mom didn't get any pictures of me tonight at the curling club because she said I was too little to go out on the ice, and they have a pretty tight schedule that the matches have to stay on. The curling club is one of the pole sheds at the fair grounds so the area where the sheets of ice are is REALLY cold, but then they have a warming house area which is where mom and I stayed which is nice and toasty. Daddy was out on the ice most of the time that I was there.

Daddy and his team played a match on Friday afternoon, one this morning, and then one this evening. They lost their first two matches, and when mom and I left it didn't look like they were going to win the one tonight. If they do win they will have to curl again tomorrow morning! That is a LOT of curling for one weekend!

Here are some pictures of Daddy and his team:

This is daddy getting ready to throw a stone.

Here is an action shot of daddy's teammate, Mike, throwing a stone.

Here is a picture of daddy, it looks like he is just standing around, but he is waiting for the other team to throw their stone before he can sweep for his teammates. Notice, daddy is wearing his UMD jersey, mom and I stayed up and watched the end of the game, Bulldogs beat the Gophers 6-4!!!

I need to go to bed now, I think this is my latest post!! Hopefully daddy comes home and tells mom and I that he won so we get to go watch more curling, otherwise tomorrow will be a pretty standard Sunday.

Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment