Friday, February 4, 2011

Mama Needs a Hobby...

Tonight is the first night of my first Bonspiel!!

I don't exactly know what curling is, but mom explained it as a sport where two teams slide large stones (they weigh over 40 pounds!!) from one end of the ice to the other and try and get their stones closest to the center of the target area called the house. The scoring is similar to Bocce Ball.

Dad got into curling a few years ago when he and mom went to a New Years Eve party at the Owatonna Curling Club. Dad has been a member of the curling club since.

A Bonspiel is a multi-day tournament for curling. Daddy's team was the first half champions for his league so he is pretty excited to curl this weekend and is hoping for some good games.

Mom decided that I should have a special outfit for my first Bonspiel. Hopefully I am warm enough in a T-Shirt so I can show it off!

Well, daddy should be home soon and then we have to get ready to go curling. Dad has the early match tonight so hopefully mom and I can get home kind of early and get some sleep!

Have a great weekend,
Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment