Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Road Trip!

GRANDMA came to visit!!

Grandma Carolyn heard that I had started waking up and opening my eyes more and she couldn't wait to come see me. She was making a trip to the cities (from Alexandria) to go to Ikea (another one of mom's favorite stores) so she decided to come visit me!

It was a pretty exciting day. Mom decided since I was going to have company I should get a bath. My umbilical cord fell off today so pretty soon I am going to get to have my first real bath, but mom decided to just give me another sponge bath today. I don't really like baths because I get REALLY cold, but I like to be clean and I smell REALLY good after mom puts the lotion on me, I like that part. After lunch I took a nap and when I woke up Dad was home! He decided that because Grandma was coming he should take a half day and hang out with us. It was fun having him home early, although mom and dad kept passing me back and forth because they both wanted to cuddle with me which made it hard to sleep.

After mom and dad ate lunch Grandma arrived. I was awake for a little bit when she first arrived but then I got hungry and once my tummy is full I get REALLY sleepy! Grandma didn't get her camera out right away so I am not sure if she got any pictures of me with my eyes open, this is one that Dad took, I don't remember it because I was taking a nap. Grandma also had her new video camera with her today so she took the first video of me. Mom and Dad made fun of her because I was sleeping :-)

I feel pretty special that both my grandmas (and grandpas and aunts and cousins too) make such an effort to come visit me. I am a very lucky little girl that I have so many people who love me!!
I need to go fill my tummy now, I don't like being hungry! Mom wakes up to feed me every 3 hours so she needs to go to bed early tonight to catch up on some sleep too!
Happy Wednesday,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment