Thursday, February 3, 2011

Take it to the Bank!

Hey Everybody! Happy Thursday!

I was sitting in my room today and noticed that I have not one, not two, but three piggy banks. Turns out my mom and Grandpa Bob really like piggy banks so mom decided that I should have a good piggy bank in order to keep my money in.

This is the first piggy bank that I got. Mom got it before I was born because Grandpa Tim liked to leave his change on my dresser when he would come. It is a REALLY big piggy bank, it might take me until I am in college to fill this one. I like it a lot because it has fun polka dots on it!



This is the next piggy bank I got. Mom's friend Katie Olson made it, that's right, she MADE it! Katie likes making pottery and is really good at it. I don't know if this is her first piggy bank but I do know she has made a lot of bowls, vases, cups and other fun things. Katie made this for me as a baby shower gift. I really like the big eyes and I LOVE the curly pig tail!


This is the third piggy bank that I have. Mom actually got this piggy bank for Grandpa Bob when she was in high school. Mom went on a trip to Spain and saw this bank in one of the little towns along the coast and immediately loved it. Grandpa Bob kept it for a long time, not knowing what to do with it.

A year or two before I was born Grandpa decided that he would start filling the bank with dimes and then when mom had her first baby he would give it back full. Little did he know that mom and dad were making plans to have me! The silly part about this bank is that there is no hole in the bottom to get the money out so Grandpa has no idea how much he put in there.

Mom has decided to play a game. We are going to have a guessing game on the Blog and Facebook to see how many dimes are in the bank. Below is a picture of the bank with a quarter next to it so you have an idea of how big it is. Mom weighed the bank and me and found that I weigh 6 pounds 7 ounces, and the bank weighs 7 pounds, that is more than me!!


Here is a picture of me next to the bank, can you believe it is heavier than me, I am so much bigger!


If you want to play our little game just post a comment with how many dimes you think are in the bank. You can post it on the blog, on Facebook or just e-mail mom. Grandpa Bob is guessing that there is 2,500 dimes, just to give you an idea (he has no idea, just his guess). You need to submit your guess by Monday if you want to play. I don't know what the winner will get, but it will be fun anyways!!

Here is one last picture of me with all three of my banks!

Hope you have a good evening!

Linden

No comments:

Post a Comment