Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quilted With Love

Happy Wednesday!

Mom and I got out of the house this morning which was pretty exciting because it is BEAUTIFUL outside! I was really trying to figure out why anybody would want to live in cold Minnesota, but on days like today I am starting to see that it might not be so bad. Mom had a haircut appointment today so I got to meet Shelly, she was pretty nice and kept telling me how perfect I am :-) I can't wait until I have enough hair to go visit Shelly for myself!

I got a package in the mail today from my mom's Aunt Kathy, I think that makes her my great aunt. She is a REALLY good quilter, she even had one of her quilts on the cover of a Major quilting magazine!! I was pretty excited when I opened the package and saw that she made me a quilt! I love my new quilt so much that I decided to take a nap on it...

Here is a close-up of me on the quilt, I love the stars that she quilted into the corners...


Since we are on the topic of quilts, I figured I should show off the quilt my mom made for me too. Mom was pretty proud of this quilt, it was the first time she ever tried applique and I must say it turned out pretty great!


Here is a close-up of me next to the giraffe, I really like the bright colored flowers.

Mom pieced together the quilt top but she had one of daddy's co-workers do the machine quilting. She free-handed the flower/swirl pattern, mom and I both agree that it turned out pretty cute.

I love my new quilts just about as much as I love to sleep (and I LOVE to sleep!)
I'm off to take another nap,
Linden










No comments:

Post a Comment